Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Laman Laban

Since he was a kid, Josh has had a problem catching some Zzz's at night. To fix this problem, he has been prescribed Ambien to help him sleep.  Even with the pill he only gets about 4 hours of sleep at night, but hey, I guess that's better than none! Ambien can do funny things to you if you don't go STRAIGHT to bed.  This is one of the first experiences I can remember of Josh & I when we were dating!

As most of you know, Josh & I lived only 2 houses away from each other. So at night when I was leaving his house, he would take his ambien and then walk me home so that by the time he was back and all ready for bed, it would start to kick in.  But one night, it kicked in FAST! And he walked me up to my apartment and then I saw that giddy smile beginning to creep on his face and the wide glossy eyes popping open! The pill had kicked in and I was trying to get Josh to go home.  He could barely walk so I told him I would walk him home.  He protested so I asked, "Do you even know how to get home?" He said, "Yeah, you just follow the Iron Rod!" hehe Then it got funny!

As I walked him home, he continued to tell me that if you just hold to the iron rod it will take you home to the tree.  But I need to watch out for the buildings and the water cause they will get me.  He then proceded to tell me all about Nephi! And how they wondered in the wilderness and then Nephi and his brothers had to go kill Laban because....Laban is Bad! He then said, "They cut of his head. Now Laban is dead!" Followed by the repeat of "Laman, Laban, Laman, Laban..." (Try to say that five times fast, don't know how he did it)

I finally got him in bed, but he continued to tell me about how Nephi's brothers were mean to Nephi because he broke his bow.  Then Josh wondered if it was something else they were mad at? He thought maybe it was because Nephi was so big and so good.  And maybe they were jealous? Or maybe Nephi was really cocky and was a jerk to them so they tried to kill him? This went on for another 5-10 minutes and finally I just had to walk out and leave him to talk himself to sleep!

And the diary begins....

1 comment:

  1. Oh Joshie! I can see why you fell madly in love for this dumby! HA HA!

    ReplyDelete